WHAT I LEARNED
This project had a lot of stakeholder constraints and was difficult to handle with the multiple parts. I learned how to work on such a project as a solo designer and a lot of times I was also my own product manager. Although, this was being designed with the first machine maker in mind, I also learned that it's important not to overfit to one customer (being customer centric vs. user centric).
I will be doing a lot of customer calls with machine makers as customers are onboarded to role-based access control (RBAC) to better understand pain points, hear about their experience so far, and determine any patterns in usability to improve RBAC in Phase 2 of this project.
There were also a couple features that were not implemented in Phase 1 of this project that I want to come back to, such as bulk editing machine users (granting them the same facility access, role access, etc.)